Matthew's Blog

My writing outlet

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I wanted to make public my New Year's resolutions again this year. Last year, I made a number of them, but I only fulfilled two. I read 37 books (goal was 35), and I finished the screenplay for the western that I had been working on. I think there were maybe ten other goals that I had set for myself, but I accomplished only the two.

This year, I would like to once again set goals. I know that we are already more than two weeks into 2013, but I am still going to do it now. Better late than never, right?

Okay, let's start with literary goals.

1.) Read 38 books. I've already read 3 and I'm half done with a 4th, so I'm on my way here.
 2.) Review more books. Okay, this one isn't as quantifiable, but I joined a review group on Goodreads, so this should be a gimme.
3.) Write two (2!) novels. I wrote 2/3rds of a novel in the last two months of 2012. This is pretty lofty, but I honestly think that this is completely realistic. I started writing a new project a couple weeks ago and I am at 21,000 words right now, so I really think two novels of 65,000 words each is completely doable.
4.) Write 4 short stories. About half done with my first already. Again, really doable.

Fitness goals.

1.) Run 400 miles. I ran 310ish in 2012.
2.) Run sub 6 minutes in the mile. I ran a 6:09 last July.

That's all. I think 6 goals are going to be hard to hit all of them. On their own, any one of these would be pretty easy, and I think it will be possible to do all 6 (or else I wouldn't have set them), but it's probably not going to be as easy as I am currently thinking. We'll see.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home