Matthew's Blog

My writing outlet

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kids

Kids make time fly by so quickly. I can't even begin to fathom how slowly time must have gone by beforehand, but now, it seems like there is absolutely no free time and this makes the days go by way quicker than they used to. In all honesty, my writing is probably more productive now than it was in the pre-children ages, just because I have learned better time management and multi-tasking skills, but I feel like there is no time for myself anymore.

Of course, this is not true. I try and get out for a run or a bike ride three or four times per week and I usually do this on my own. Sometimes, I will bring the baby out on a run in the jogger with me, but most of the time, I try and run by myself just for the mental clarity that it brings.

While I write this, I am watching the two babies, feeding one of them and making sure the other doesn't break the window with the Woody figure he's playing with. I never would have been able to balance this with working several years ago, so I guess I've matured in this respect. By balancing my work and my parenting, I think my life is more productive and rewarding than it was before.

Does anyone else find that they have had to make serious priority readjustments in their lives? Babies are an extreme example here, but there are a lot of things that make people look at their lives differently. New jobs, new homes, near death experiences, the list can keep going, but there are many things that make people re-examine where they are in life and make changes. Has anyone gone through something like this before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home