Matthew's Blog

My writing outlet

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fantasy Baseball

As those of you who know me well should realize, I am a huge baseball fan. I played fantasy baseball last year for the first time. I was in two different leagues; one of which I finished 4th in, the other I was 11th. I learned a lot over the course of the season about stats and how to best predict the future outcome of the players on your team.

Or, you can trade your players for players that do already perform better. That part of the game took me a while to catch on to. I wanted to tough it out and show that the team I drafted was superior to everyone else. This, unfortunately, was not the case. In fact, there were some people on the team who had over 100 transactions over the course of the year. This boggled my mind at first, but then I realized that no one can tell the future exactly, not even the pundits out there who write on the subject and publish manuals. I have several manuals that I bought last year to try and give me the edge. was the best and most thorough, I thought.

Anyway, I wrote an article for the Simply Sports Talk guys about my favorite player in the draft last season, Josh Hamilton. Big mistake. He's a great player, his 2010 AL MVP status attests to that. But he is not first round draft material. Check out my thought process here.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home