Matthew's Blog

My writing outlet

Friday, December 23, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Inspired by Joe Konrath's blog, I have decided to put together a list of my own personal goals that I wish to accomplish in 2012. I am awful at setting goals for myself, and I hope that by writing these down for my millions of readers to see, I will be held accountable for each goal I set forth.

  1. Publish Viral Empire. This is a 3 issue graphic novel that I am working on with the very talented Rainy Arealius. We have a working script in place as well as some idea of what we want the artwork to look like. There isn't much work left on my end, other than the formatting and printing, so this should be a pretty easy goal to accomplish.
  2. Finish writing one novel. I have three started. Well, they used to be one novel, but now they are a trilogy, and I am not very far into any of them. Finishing one will be a major task, but I really need to do this just to prove to myself that I can start and finish a novel.
  3. Read 35 books. I have read 28 books this year. 35 will be tough, but it is very possible.
  4. Go to a convention. I don't care whether it's a mystery writers convention or a comic convention. I need to start networking and get my work more noticed. This will be made much easier if I can get funding through Kickstarter. I have applied and I am currently working on my final proposal. This would be a huge help to getting Viral Empire published.
  5. Finally, I want to finish the short western I began a few years ago. It's not a novel, so I guess that makes it a short story or a novella. I see this as a western-thriller, complete with a serial killer and all, just set up in the wild, wild west.
I will keep you posted as far as my progress goes. This should be a very productive year, I have all the groundwork set to establish these goals, it's just a matter of focus.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home