Matthew's Blog

My writing outlet

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Update

Two big things have happened since last I posted. I have begun an editing position, as well as a freelance reporting position with a local sports magazine. This has eaten away quite a bit of time; in addition to my other clients, I have had absolutely no desire to write any of my novel.

Oh, I also have started my own website: http://www.pickingsportswinners.com. This site is going to remain a free site for a while, at least until I have enough demand to start charging for picks. And even then I might still keep it as a free service. I hate that people will charge hundreds of dollars for picks and then post odds and lines that are impossible to find. I think that handicapping touts are, for the most part, a ripoff. I don't want to fall into this trap. Integrity is important regardless of what you do in life. I feel that if I post picks, I need to be reasonable and compare the picks to real situations and real lines at real prices. There are very few good betting opportunities that arise during the NFL season, yet touts have to make picks for every game in order to keep their customers satiated. I don't think this is realistic or profitable for the people making the pick. My site zeroes in on making the betting process a bit more transparent and accessible to the average bettor.

I still want to give out a few free copies of my ebook. If you have any ideas for a contest, please message me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home