Matthew's Blog

My writing outlet

Monday, September 12, 2011

My New Site

I have been working on a novel for over two years now. I finally have the ending plotted out in my head and it is about 3/4 of the way completed. The last month has been especially crazy, however, and I have not written a word within my novel in that time period. I have every intention of completing it, I just have not had the energy to work on it. I do so much other writing for clients and now I have a website that I am attempting to launch on my own, the novel has been resigned to the proverbial back burner.

Which leads me to my point. I have worked as a freelance sports writer for a couple years now and I have been not 100 percent on board with any of the sites I have written for. The premise is simple: I want to write about sports and sports predictions. Not gossip or rumors. One site I wrote for became a sports-related tabloid basically, which bears no interest to me whatsoever. So I have decided to put together my own sports site.

The concept, from a handicapper's perspective, is pretty unique. I want to analyze games in such a manner that a lawyer would prepare a brief for a case. This is time intensive, so I would be limited to one or two games per week. Most handicappers, at least from my experience, go for quantity rather than quality. I want to pick one game that might hold some controversy over who the winner will be and break it down so people can see the inner workings of a handicapper's mind. This is unique because I want to teach people to look at games analytically and help them to learn this process so that they will feel comfortable doing so on their own eventually.

I will be including more info here as it becomes available.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home